Homeownership Vouchers thorugh the Public Housing Authority

What are homeownership vouchers? 

I just learned about a great program offered to first time home buyers. It is called homeownership vouchers.

I really need a house for my family and have been trying every way possible to buy one, but I do not make enough money to get financing for the home we need. So I went on line and started looking at government programs to help me buy a house. They help me rent so I wanted to know if they would help me to buy. That is when I found out about the Homeownership Voucher Program. 

Homeownership vouchers are available through an areas local Public Housing Authority and can be used to buy a home. Not all PHA (Public Housing Authorities) locations participate, but many do.

If you are using the PHA for rent assistance you can get use the assistance toward a home purchase. You do not have to purchase a home in your neighborhood. You can purchase somewhere else you just need to qualify financially for where you are moving. 

I found out that I would have to wait a few months for the process to help me, but that gave me time to get my finances and credit in order to purchase a home with the PHA Homeownership Voucher.

There are certain requirements such as you have to make at least minimum wage at a full time position; you have to be a first time home buyer or not have owned a home in the last three years. The home must also pass any initial housing quality standards inspection conducted by the PHA and an independent home inspection before the PHA may approve the purchase by the family.

If you enroll in the program and are approved for a homeownership voucher from a participating Public Housing Authority you can receive assistance for up to ten years of the mortgage. 

Everyone should know about this program. I might have to wait a while but will be happy to finally get a home.

Call Conquest Real Estate Group at (248) 569-1469 for more info.

No comments:

Post a Comment